Saturday, November 14, 2009

Anyone remember Tortillas on Ponce?


I loved that place. Somehow . . . can't remember how . . . I got their recipe for their green salsa. Tonight we had it on top of quesadillas. (Although, as Ella said, they would have been better with sour cream too, but we were all out.)


1 11 oz. can of sliced jalapenos (plus some juice)
1 11 oz. can of tomatillos
1 small onion, roughly chopped
1 cup cilantro leaves

You can now get the tomatillos at Publix. Drain the cans (reserving some jalapeno juice). Throw it all in the food processor and pulse or puree to your desired consistency. I then add a little salt. This contains none of the crappy sweetness all those green salsas at the grocery have.

Oh, and it trying to find out whether the name had an apostrophe or not, I discovered some other of their recipes: tortillas recipes. I'm going to have to reproduce their beans!

No comments:

Post a Comment