Monday, June 18, 2012

Burger Sauce: What's that, you say?

(Pictures? I didn't take any, but I'll definitely be making these again, so check back.)

Why have I never heard of a burger sauce? It has to be the greatest thing since sliced bread! I was watching a video on America's Test Kitchen website about burgers and they mentioned it. So, a couple of nights ago I made burgers to die for.



Two things made them amazing:

1 - Ground beef from the Riverview Farms food truck. This truck shows up just outside my neighborhood once a week with yummy fresh produce, fresh pastas, bread from Holeman & Finch, pasture raised eggs (well, the chickens, not the eggs), and frozen organic grass fed beef (among other meats). They shrink wrap the beef and once you thaw it and open it, the beef is PINK throughout. None of that ugly grey stuff you get at the grocery store that has been gassed to make the outside pink. They package it in nice little 1 lb packages. Perfect!

2 - Burger Sauce!

3/4 cups mayonnaise (You know I swear by Blue Plate.)
2 Tbs soy sauce
1 Tbs brown sugar (They call for dark, I used light.)
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 medium garlic clove, minced
3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

(They also called for 1 Tbs of fresh chives, minced but I didn't have any.)

Whisk it all together and spread it on the bun. Tada! I had to stop John from automatically putting ketchup on the burger until he tasted it. He saw no need to add anything else.

(I put it in a cute little squeeze bottle I bought for cookie and cake decorating. Yum!)



No comments:

Post a Comment